Me and Math



Okay. I know what you are thinking... Strange title... What does math have to do with running? I'll explain.

Today's run consisted of my normal warm up, followed by me running 3/4 of a mile, walking 1/2 a mile, then running another 3/4 of a mile. Totaling 2 miles. Sounds simple when I look at it that way. For some reason, My mind does not work well with decimals. EVEN simplest decimals. As I was running today, I had a major brain fart. I ran .75 of a mile (or 3/4 of a mile) THEN I walked .25 miles (or 1/4 of a mile) then I ran .75 of a mile. (or 3/4 of a mile) I didn't realize what I had done until I finished my run, looked at the total mileage and it only added up to 1.75 miles.

You might be thinking, who cares, you're alive, you did it... Yeah I know, But that last 3/4 of a mile may have been SO much easier! I guess I can't really complain, I finished!

I think that it is amazing how long I've been working at this and I haven't given up. It been almost 6 weeks since the start and I am feeling great! The thing that's even better than how I am feeling is the reaction that I am getting. While I was in Michigan I got to see my mom and my sister for the first time since I started my quest, and they were shocked. First was my mom, who says that I am a mere shadow of myself! Then I my younger sister, who had no idea that I had even started this. Walked in the door and said, "Greg! You're skinny!" That right there has made everything worth it! Today Mandy even made a comment on how skinny I am compared to when I started. I've even gotten to the point where I need to return a pair of jeans that I got for Christmas because they are WAY to big. I'm even on the last hole on my belt, and soon will need to make a new hole. I JUST FEEL GREAT!


Next Post: My First 2 Mile Run!

Previous Post: I Can't Believe It!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm proud of you, Gerg. You deserve this, and all the glory that goes along with it. Thanks for being my daily inspiration!