A Day Late and a Half Mile Short



Yesterdays run was a huge disappointment. I was supposed to run 2 1/2 miles without stopping, and that didn't happen. I think it was a combination of things that kept me from running that last 1/2 mile. First off, My other hip is starting to bug me. Second, I received a phone call while I was running. It may seem like no big deal to you, you just let it ring in the background, and keep running. But NO, I have an Iphone. It totally cuts off my music while it rings, and that just threw me off off my rhythm at a critical point where I was trying to work through the last little bit of my workout.

I know this is the second time that I have been unable to finish a workout, and I am starting to wonder, if I am unable to finish the next few, If I should go back and redo the week. I know it sucks to think about, but I think if i end up doing that, It may be better in the end.

Even though I didn't finish the 2 1/2 miles, I am still proud of myself. Just the other day, when i ran 2 1/4 miles It was the furthest I had ever run past 1 1/2 miles. So Even though I didn't finish I am still excited that I am able to run as far as I did. Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll have rested up enough to finish the entire run. Wish me luck!

Next Post: A Half Mile Stronger

Previous Post: Personal Best

1 comments:

mom said...

Glad to see that you're thinking long term good instead of short term goal. If you have to redo a week, and as a result, you are healthier longer instead of beaten up and have to quit, you'll definitely be better off in the long run. Life is a long distance race, not a sprint. Good luck and listen to your body.