Unofficial 5k



Well I've done it! I have unofficially run a 5K in 32 minutes. I say unofficially because it was not a race, I was on the treadmill, and I was the only one running. But I was able to run the entire 3.1 miles without stopping! I was actually extremely surprised that I was able to do this because previously the longest I had been able to run was only 2.5 miles. It was a huge jump from that to 3.1.

I can't even describe how I am feeling right now. I am on such a high! I think I would have even kept going but I didn't want to push myself and be sorry about it later. So I am taking things one step at a time. I think next week I am going to try and run 3.1 miles every time I run, and If I am able to do that I am going to move on to my 10k Program! I am super excited! I even got my bike all ready to ride! I Just need to figure out what I am going to do for my strength training. If you have any Ideas or plans that you have used please let me know!

Next Post: Another 3.1 Down

Previous Post: Keeping Busy

1 comments:

mom said...

CONGRATULATIONS GREG! How exciting. Think back to how you felt when you first started...how impossible it seemed then. Now LOOK. You've done it. What does that tell you about anything else you've let yourself believe was impossible? I'm really happy for you.

Love
Mom