30 Pounds and Counting!



Well It's official, I have lost over 30 pounds under 3 months! Who would have thought that this would have been possible? I know that I didn't! before started I thought that I would maybe lose like 10-15 pounds by now but not anywhere near 30! I it just makes me think... If I could have started this 6 months ago how much further would I be? I seriously cannot believe this! Its just unreal!

Losing 30 pounds puts me at 238 only 18 more to go until I reach my goal weight of 220. Hopefully It'll happen before june so I can show off my new body this summer! Another thing to brag about is the fact that I went to the store the other day to get a new pair of jeans... normally I wear a 40 waist, and I just can't seem to keep them on anymore! But I walked out owning a new pair of 36's! I haven't worn a 36 since I was like 15! It just amazes me that running 3 times a week, and watching what I eat, makes this much of a difference! I honestly think I am in the best shape of my life right now!

As far as the marathon training goes... I am still trying to get back in the swing of things after my vegas vacation... I decided that It would probably be a good idea to go back a week or 2 on my 5k schedule to make sure that I am still able to do what I was doing before I left. I think I would have gotten really frustrated with myself If i tried to run my 5K a day or so after getting back. So I decided to start at the beginning of week 6. Jog 1/2 mile, walk 1/4 mile, jog 3/4 mile, walk 1/4 mile, jog 1/2 mile. I am glad that I started there because It was still a challenging workout, but I was also able to run it faster than the first time I had run it!

Now comes the part where I beg... I am looking for a group of people that are wanting to lose weight, or have already lost weight, to share your success stories. If you are willing to share you will be featured under the new "Your Stories" link on my blog. If you are interested in sharing your story, please contact me at: greg@afatmansmarathon.com Hope to hear from you!

Next Post: Sometimes I Surprise Myself

Previous Post: Back On Track...

0 comments: