A blast from the past



Today I did something that I haven't done in months. I ran 2 miles without stopping! I cannot believe how quickly I am getting back into this. Just yesterday my workout was run 8 walk 5 x 3 and i was struggling. Then today was a 20 minutes straight of running and I had no problem with it. It is amazing what it body is capable of doing when you set your mind to Something.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my last post, but I have been running almost 5 days a week and, I am already in week 6 of my program, and I can really tell a difference in how fast my body is able to adapt compared to my last attempt. I feel like by doing something every day I am adjusting quickly, but I am worried that I may be overdoing it. Nothing is hurting me but is still worried that this is going to come back and bite me in the butt later down the line. Or am
I over thinking this one?

Anyone else have a similar experience where you take a while off and are able to work out that much harder and on a more consistent basis? If so did you end up having anything happen as a result?





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Right now I am running 3-4 times a week and cross-training on the others. So far so good. I ended up getting injured, not from running to much, but letting my core get too week. I have found that making sure my core is strong makes a big difference.

As far as taking time off. I had to take some time off due to the injuries. It was hard for me to get going again, but I was happy to get running. My problem with laying off for a while is putting off getting back into it and losing too much ground.

Great job on getting back after it. You are making great progress.

Anita said...

Hi Greg
Really enjoyed your post. I think you should get back at it!